Mirrors are unusual things. We observe, critique, admire, and—even in some instances—view ourselves in ways which only we can see. While we might agree that real beauty comes from within, we certainly could use a little help from time to time to look our best.
Since gazing into the bathroom mirror is part of almost everyone’s daily routine, an upgraded piece can be considered an investment in how you see yourself. And since this piece of furniture, essentially is used so often you may want to pick one with personality.
From minimal to ornate, round to rectangular, antique to modern, and everything in between, there are possibilities abound to help you see yourself in style.
A round mirror is chic and surprising, and really shines when mixed with other geometric shapes, such as bold hand towels or a fun vase or countertop accessories.
With a round shape, you’re treating your bathroom mirror as wall art and striking a balance between fashion and function. In a powered room, where steam isn’t an issue, you can source almost any type of frame to really add pop to the space.
1. Natural fir wood makes a dramatic statement as it wraps around this circular wall mirror. This rustic chic accent is perfect in your entryway, over the fireplace, or in the bathroom.
2. The perfect form with modern utility make the Sol lighted mirror a true classic. Its LED dimmable daylight corona creates a unique halo effect for just the right ambiance and mood. At the same time, the built-in defogger provides modern luxurious functionality. Another feature with your ease of use in mind, the E-Z On/Off dimmer, is activated by a touch sensor conveniently and subtly placed on the front of the mirror.
3. This Modern Round Circular Bathroom Wall Mirror with a silver mosaic glass frame has a mosaic pattern in glittering silver that creates a halo of glamour. Placed by hand, the tiles surround a wall mirror from Kamal in India.
4. Hang this decorative, traditional round mirror over the vanity in your bathroom to complete the space’s look and to create a stylish look and to create a stylish and cohesive feeling.
Twinning is Winning
When it comes to bathroom mirrors, two is often better than one, especially for a shared space or over a double vanity. A double mirror is ideal for couple who get ready together but still value a little bit of personal space.
Two identical mirrors work to fill up a larger space, and add symmetry and balance to any size room.
5. Pressed metal over wood with a beveled glass. Silver finish brings a beautiful reflective light to any space but especially a bathroom when used with a twin. Hang vertically or horizontally.
6. Dark brush bronze mirror with pivot ability lends itself to a modern aesthetic, a bolder sturdier feel, and dare we say “manly” in the most beautiful way?
7. This oval mirror knows how to up the style factor. With its hammered copper surface in an oil rubbed bronze hue you can mount it horizontally or vertically. Handmade of 99.7% recycled copper. Patina finish will vary slightly from mirror to mirror.
Old is New
When updating a room, it’s chic to antique. Mixing and matching pieces creates an old-meets-new vibe that’s interesting and unique.
An antique bathroom mirror makes for a stunning statement piece, and when you look in an antique mirror, it’s hard not to feel like a well-framed work of art.
A bright-white room will look even crisper with an element or two of contrast. An antique mirror does just the trick in a more rustic white bathroom, giving the space texture and warmth while maintaining that fresh, clean feeling.
8. An old pair of arched windows from France retrofitted with a foxed mirror. The face of the framing has been worn down to natural wood while chipped white paint remains in the recesses. Wonderful rusty hardware is a highlight of the piece. A huge and impressive statement. Back Row Home out of Houston Imports these types of antiques, if you can’t find a mirror to your liking of the stock consider remaking an old picture frame into a mirror.
9. Anthropologie is killing it right now with their antique mirror offerings. Replicated to appear old and treasured these are an alternative to scouring flea markets and thrift stores. Sure you will pay more, but think of the time you will save and the unique mirrors that likely no one you know will have.
Get In Shape
Add personality to your bathroom routine with a mirror in an unexpected shape. An oval provides a fresh twist on the round bathroom-mirror trend. The slimmer curved shape leaves room for chic geometric sconces or enough open space for statement wallpaper to shine.
That versatility is leading more retailers to offer this dramatic shape in a range of frame finishes. It’s also a classic shape to use as a pivot mirror, which is practical and adds dimension to the room.
Likewise, a unique and unexpected shape can take on the sole burden of carrying the style of the entire bathroom.